Tips to Keep Your Personal Information Safe
Keeping personal information safe these days is becoming the topmost priority of every person. But it is not easy to keep data protected all the time. So here we are with a few important tips to keep personal information safe.
- Use secure and strong passwords – Passwords can easily be hacked, especially if you don’t follow strong password creation practice. The best password is the one which contains numbers, special characters, uppercase, and lower case alphabets. Avoid passwords such as your date of birth, your parents, or your partner’s name, phone numbers, and addresses that the hacker can easily guess. Furthermore, the recommended length of the password is eight or more characters. It should not contain less than eight characters.
- Don’t use identifiable information in passwords – You never know who envy you. People may hack your accounts and misuse them to bring your reputation down in society. It may be someone who you think is close to you. So never use your phone number, address, or loved one’s names as passwords. They can easily be guessed. Nothing will remain personal if someone gets into your account.
- Never use the same password for different accounts – Just think, you have kept the same password for every account. Now, if the hacker guesses the password of one account, then he will be able to login to another account too. When you are a businessman and all of your data is saved online, then you cannot afford such things to happen. If it is difficult for you to remember all the passwords, then you can use a password manager.
- Watch out for frauds – An impersonator may call you by faking as company collecting information for a survey. Never trust such people. Don’t give your personal information over mail or call until and unless you know the person on the other side.
- Don’t write your passwords – Many people are there who are in the habit of writing their passwords on a personal diary. But this practice can put you to a huge loss. Also, don’t write your password on sticky notes on your monitor. Anyone of those who are around you all the time may get access to your accounts. However, if you still want to write down something, then write it as a clue that only you can guess.
- Dispose of your old electronics properly – Believe it, nothing can be deleted permanently from the computing device. Cyber criminals and hackers can somehow recover information from hard drives if they are not disposed of properly. The best way to dispose of sensitive information, records and documents is electronics recycling and document shredding. If your old electronic device is not disposed of in a proper manner, then it can fall into the wrong hands. And if the device contains your confidential data, then it can be misused.
At the time of loss of data because of any reason, contact a trusted and certified data recovery company. Don’t just hire anyone because the one who will be recovering your data will have complete access to it.