Platinum Data Recovery is seeking employees for its new locations in San Diego, CA and San Francisco, CA. New employees will have the opportunity to grow with the company, which offers a great, challenging career and advancement opportunities. Our company offers a comprehensive employee benefits program such as medical and dental insurance, 401 (K), and life insurance. You can apply for a position via phone, fax, or e-mail (preferred).
- Data Recovery Engineer & Software Developer
We are seeking an experienced data recovery engineer who is very knowledgeable of: industry standard data recovery logic, software and hardware tools used for system diagnosis and hard drive repair, and logical data structures modules, electronics, C++, other assembly programming languages, and diagnostics of electronic components with millimeters, oscilloscopes, and related tools. Potential employees must be familiar with electronics programming principles, the workings of ATA and SCSI storage devices, and circuit board design and diagnostics. Also, potential employees must be experienced with tools and complexes used for service area (SA) access diagnostics and programming.
This individual will use electronic communication to give timely and accurate project statuses. In addition, he or she will use oral communication to explain situations to coworkers and sales staff. The engineer will be proactive in seeking all information necessary for the successful completion of the recovery process.
He or she must be a self-motivated, independent thinker with good analytical and critical thinking skills along with ability to work independently to resolve problems on his or her own while prioritizing time sensitive projects.
Expected tasks & responsibilities:
Diagnose and repair mechanical and electronic failures on customer storage devices as necessary.
Properly use and understand software and hardware tool complexes needed for data recovery.
Communicate status of projects to sales representatives and record work that is performed and needed both textually and verbally.
Keep work area neat and orderly.
Some training will be provided, but the right candidate is a uniquely motivated self-starter with the ability to study, research, and learn quickly on their own.
A successful candidate will have 5+ years of advanced data recovery experience OR a Bachelor’s of Science degree in Engineering (BSEE, BSCSC), preferably with a GPA of 3.0 or above. Strong electronics diagnostics, C++ programming experience, and a high level of analytical ability to resolve unusual and difficult problems.
Candidates for this position:
1. Must have strong work ethic, be customer focused, and possess a high energy level. Must possess a strong desire to be part of creating a world-class team. A high degree of integrity, professionalism, and discretion is required.
2. Must be self-directed and work independently toward objectives with a sense of urgency. Must be organized and detail oriented with a genuine commitment to help us exceed client expectations.
3. Assume front line responsibility for team project problem resolution.
4. Must be able to work independently and research problems and questions as required.
5. Take responsibility and ensure all scheduled work is completed by agreed deadlines.
6. Consistently arrives at work on time and stays focused on business throughout the day in addition to knowing how to dress and act professionally.
7. Good verbal and written communication skills, good judgment, strong organizational skills, and the ability to work independently.
BS in Electrical Engineering/Computer Science or equivalent preferred.
- Network Administrator
Sets up, configures, and supports internal and/or external networks. Develops and maintains all systems, applications, security, and network configurations. Troubleshoots network performance issues and maintains an IT disaster recovery plan. Recommends upgrades, patches, and new applications and equipment. Provides technical support and guidance to users. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Performs a variety of tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected. Expected to deliver exceptional customer service. Typically reports to a manager or head of a unit/department.
5+ years as a Network Administrator in a Microsoft based architecture.
Complete understanding of Microsoft server technologies.
Complete knowledge and understanding of Cisco networking technologies.
Understanding of advanced network & telephony topologies and protocols.
Bachelors Degree Preferred
Expected tasks & responsibilities:
1. Focuses on accomplishing strategies with lead responsibility for the support and maintenance of all servers, network hardware, and communications channels.
2. Responsible for all Data Backup and Restoration procedures and functions. Responsible for all server and data backup and imaging. Including upkeep of the backup servers and tape drives. Ensures confidentiality, integrity and availability of data.
3. Applies advanced technical knowledge to guide the usage and maintenance of all storage and archive mediums.
4. Provides daily monitoring and reporting for all servers, network devices and connections, telephony applications and connections and reports on the uptime and availability of said services.
5. Provides project management disciplines in relation to server, network and communication projects. Works closely with the Project Management office to accomplish project related goals.
6. Responsible for the implementation and maintenance of Information Security initiatives and policies as directed by Management.
7. Provides 3rd level Help Desk support as required.
8. Other duties as assigned.
If you are a Network Administrator with the above qualifications, apply today!
Network Administrator, Microsoft Architecture, MCSE, Cisco Routers, CCNA, Telephony, Disaster Recovery, SQL, IBM on Demand, Help Desk Support
If you are a good fit for the Network Administrator position, and have a background that includes:
Network Administrator, Microsoft Architecture, MCSE, Cisco Routers, CCNA, Telephony, Disaster Recovery, SQL, IBM on Demand, Help Desk Support and you are interested in working the following job types:
Information Technology, Engineering, Professional Services
Within the following industries:
Consumer Products, Electronics, Packaging